About the router
The ASUS AC5300 router uses ASUS Green network technology. This technology is used to save the power consumption. Some of the features of ASUS AC5300 are mentioned below:
For better results and network, you should always place your router at a proper position. Make sure you have placed your router according to the conditions mentioned below:
- It has one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz, bands. These bands provide hassle free internet access so that you can enjoy buffer-free video streaming.
- It also has UPnP AV server, FTP server and SMB server for file sharing. You can share file anytime you want.
- It can handle 300,00 sessions.( router.asus.com )
- The technology used by the router saves up to 70% of the power.
To setup the router, you require following things for your computer:
- Place your router midway between the wireless router and network devices. Keep changing the position unless you get the proper network you want.
- Place the router away from any substance that produces heat, from direct sunlight and from metallic things.
- To have proper range of the network, keep router away from equipment like Bluetooth devices, transformers, computer hardware, Wifi devices, motors, microwave, ovens, refrigerators, cordless phones, fluorescent lights and other equipment like these. These devices emit different types of waves that can cause disruption in the signal.
- Update your router timely. To update, open an Internet browser and type http://www.asus.com in the address bar of the browser and press enter.
Steps to follow for setting up your router:
- TCP/IP service must be installed on the computer.
- It should be capable of IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/AC wireless.
- An Ethernet RJ-45 port. This port is LAN port.
- A web browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, UC browser or Apple Safari.( router.asus.com )
You can connect to the router by two methods. One is wired and another is wireless.
Note: It is recommended to use a wired connection to avoid any setup problem that might occur while the setup process.
Check the following things before starting up the router process for your ASUS wireless router:
- Disconnect the router if you have any connected router before. Replacement cannot be possible if existing router remains plugged in.
- Next is to disconnect the modem also by removing all the wires from the power outlet. Also, remove the backup battery of your modem.
- Reboot or restart your computer and modem.
Steps to follow to have a wired connection for the router setup:
After following these four steps, the setup process is complete. If you get any problem, check the connections of the wires.
Steps to follow to have a wireless connection for the router setup:
- 1. Put the AC adapter of your wireless router to the DC-IN port and plugged in the adapter in the power source.
- 2. To the LAN port of your wireless router connect your computer using the bundled network cable.
- 3. In the WAN port of the wireless router connect the modem using another bundled network cable.
- 4. Insert your modem’s AC adapter to the DC-IN port and plug it into a power outlet.
- 1. Plug in your wireless router after inserting the AC adapter of the router in the DC-IN port.
- 2. Connect modem and wireless router with the help of a bundled network cable into the WAN port of your wireless router.( router.asus.com )
- 3. In the DC-IN port, insert the AC adapter of the modem and then plug it into the power source.
- 4. On your computer, install an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/AC WLAN adapter.
You can also log into the web GUI by following some steps. ASUS router comes up with GUI (Graphical User Interface). GUI makes easy for the user to interact with the router and it is also easy to change the settings through GUI. In short, it is user-friendly.
Steps to follow:
- 1. Open a web browser, and type http://router.asus.com in the address bar of the browser window. The browser can be Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- 2. A login page appears. Enter the username and password in the username and password fields respectively. By default, the username is admin and password is password.( router.asus.com )
- 3. And it is done. Now you can configure the settings by using GUI of your ASUS wireless router. The configuration of the settings become a quick process if you use the GUI.( router.asus.com )